- The Reading List function in a Mac’s Safari browser is a great way to save webpages to read later. But once you’re done with them, it’s good to know how to delete items from the Reading List on your Mac.
- You can also add items to the list with one simple shortcut on your Mac’s keyboard.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
If you’re browsing around the internet and want to come back to a webpage, but don’t want it sitting in your Bookmarks bar, the Reading List in Apple’s Safari browser is surprisingly helpful.
The Reading List feature allows you to add webpages that you specifically want to return to later. Adding web pages to the list is easy, too.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to add items to your Reading List on a Mac using Safari
1. Launch Safari.
2. Enter the URL address of the website or article you’d like to add to your Reading List (for example, the How To Do Everything: Tech section of Business Insider).
3. In the Bookmarks menu at the top in Safari, find and click “Add to Reading List” or use the keyboard shortcut Shift + Command + D. If you’d like to save an article that is hyperlinked on a website, hover your mouse over the link and hold down Shift while clicking it to add the linked page to your Reading List.
Foto: In the Bookmarks menu, find “Add to Reading List.”sourceMeira Gebel/Business Insider
4. To access your Reading List, find the icon on the menu at the top that looks like a square and a rectangle with three lines in it. This icon is called the Sidebar button. Clicking it will open a menu where you can find your Reading List and bookmarks.
Foto: The Reading List icon is located at the top of a Safari webpage.sourceMeira Gebel/Business Insider
How to delete items from your Reading List on a Mac using Safari
1. To delete items from your Reading List, first launch Safari.
2. In the top menu, find the Sidebar button and access the menu.
3. You will first see two icons: one that looks like a book, and another that looks like a pair of glasses. Select the icon that looks like a pair of glasses. This is where the articles and webpages you’ve saved to your Reading List will be.
Foto: Find the icon that looks like a pair of reading glasses.sourceMeira Gebel/Business Insider
4. To delete an item, right-click on it. If you don’t use a mouse, do Command + Click.
5. This will bring up another menu. Find and click “Remove Item” – you can also remove all articles from your reading list at once by clicking “Clear All Items.”
Foto: To delete an item, right-click.sourceMeira Gebel/Business Insider